Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Lit-Blogger Backbone Watch, Day One

To date I've sent out scores of e-mails about the post directly below this one. To my surprise, I've received several good responses. Mucho props to those who replied! It gives me hope that the lit community is not after all an unthinking monolith. I hope to post the best of the viewpoints, regarding this matter, within a few days.

In the meantime, several leading lit citizens so far have made no comment!

Maud Newton: No Response.
Chris/ Spike Magazine: No Response.
Mark Sarvas/ Elegant Variations: No Response.
Agni: No Response.
Harper's: No Response.
The Believer: No Response.

I'll keep readers of this blog updated as this affair progresses. Thanks.

5 comments:

Lindsay Robertson said...

Hey, I got the email and I didn't respond either! I'm not a lit blogger, or a blogger of any serious topics, ever, but still: I'm hurt. Who do you have to ignore to get some attention around here?

(Wait, does this count as a response?)

Note: Any similarities between this comment and any other blog comments on the web is purely coincidental.

Jeff Potter said...

Ah, the lit-bloggers arrive. So clever! So breezy! What a scene they offer...I miss it so badly, their splashy world of snark. Ooooh, I'm wet! I'll splash back...

King Wenclas said...

Well, Jeff, I hope that person vomited over what Mr. Bissell did, and not about us.

Anonymous said...

Um... It wouldn't have been that hard to see what "that person" wrote: http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/archive/2005_01_19_archive.asp#110606886671525955

Or do you have trouble checking things too?

King Wenclas said...

Sorry, I'm just not on-line that much. I went to mediabistro just now (I can't access your link from here), and all I can find is news about TV shows and yuppy industry insiders who've been promoted. (A lot about blogs also. Question: Where's the blog difference when they're coming from the same people who've been giving us a stale and decayed literature to begin with??)